- This event has passed.
Live at KRE – “Radio Day by the Bay 2012”
July 21, 2012 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The California Historical Radio Society presents:
Live at KRE – “RADIO DAY BY THE BAY 2012”
At the historic KRE Radio Station Building, 601 Ashby Ave., Berkeley. Enter on Shellmound
Saturday, July 21st, 10 AM – 2 PM… Gates open at 9:00 AM
$5 Donation at the Gate. Children free.
A Benefit for CHRS, the Bay Area Radio Museum & the Society of Wireless Pioneers
Master of Ceremonies:
Stan Bunger – KCBS Morning News Anchor & BARHOF Class of 2010
Giant Auction of Vintage Electronics:
including beautiful vintage radios, phonographs, test equipment, amateur gear and more.
Guest Auctioneers – Renee Richardson & Michael Capozzola
Live Musical performance:
Joining us again – The Tamsen Donner Blues Band – http://www.tamsendonner.com/
with Special Guest Frankye Kelly – http://www.frankyekelly.com/
and just added Horns a Plenty
A Live Radio Play:
The Broadcast Legends – Present an episode of “Fibber McGee and Molly” http://www.broadcastlegends.com/
Live Celebrity Interviews: With guest interviewer Cheryl Jennings
The merger of SOWP with CHRS https://californiahistoricalradio.com/society-of-wireless-pioneers/
The Bay Area Radio Hall of Fame Class of 2012 http://www.bayarearadio.org/hof/2011/index.shtml
Book Signings by:
Mike Adams – “Lee De Forest: King of Radio, Television & Film”
John Schneider – “Bay Area Radio”
Tours of KRE
See the Bay Area Radio Hall of Fame
Discover Ham Radio with W6CF
Vintage electronic Flea Market
Food & Beverages
CHRS Bake Sale
Sound by Dan Healy & Sons
Publicity by David Jackson http://www.bayarearadio.org/
Graphics by Alan Voorhees email@example.com
Visit www.CaliforniaHistoricalRadio.com/ for auction catalog, directions & details
CHRS HOTLINE – (415) 821-9800
Contact: Steve Kushman 415-821-7671 or firstname.lastname@example.org
09:00 – Gate Opens – 78s from the control room
09:30 – Just Added!! Horns a Plenty
10:00 – Welcome with Stan Bunger – Mike Adams on Lee De Forest – Auction Pt.1 with Auctioneer Renee Richardson
10:15* – Isabelle Lemon interview w/ Cheryl Jennings
11:15 – Bay Area Radio & KRE History with John Schneider
11:20 – Announcement of Bay Area Radio Hall of Fame Class of 2012
11:25 – 1937 News & “Fibber McGee & Molly Meet a Racketeer” – The Broadcast Legends
12:00 – Auction Pt. 2 with Auctioneer Michael Capozzola
12:01* – Heber Smith interview w/ Cheryl Jennings
12:45* – Jane Morrison interview w/ Cheryl Jennings
1:00 – CW Demonstration – SOWP Merger Announcement – Herrold Award Presentation
1:10 – Tamsen Donner Band w/ Frankye Kelly
1:30* – Waldo Boyd interview w/ Bart Lee
2:00 – Auction Pt. 3 with Auctioneer Mike Adams
3:00 – Good Bye!
* These interviews held inside the KRE control room and can be viewed live upstairs.
RULES OF THE AUCTION – Radio Day by the Bay 2012
1. Each bidder must purchase a bidder’s paddle. Paddles cost $5 and will be available starting at 9 AM.
2. Bidders must be within the roped off Bidders Gallery to bid.
3. Bidders will raise paddles to place bids.
4. Items will be auctioned in listed order only
5. Items will not be sold lower than the starting price.
6. Items will be auctioned this day once only. Unsold items will be available at a later date.
7. This auction has no reserves.
8. Decision of auctioneer is final.
9. Payment to be made on site only. Cash is preferred. Checks will be accepted only from current CHRS Members, their friends and family. No credit cards, please.
10. The bidding increments are as follows:
Items under $100 – $5 increments
Items from $100 to $250 – $10 increments
Items from $250 to $1000 – $25 increments
Items over $1000 – $100 increments
11. After each Lot, the auctioneer will announce:
The item number
The bidder number
The selling price